Online Marketing is a wonderful ballet dance:
1. Balance of creativity and data analysis
2. Grace and consistency in terms of customer service
3. Disciplined execution of strategies
4. Continuous training
5. Understanding of audience preferences and behaviour
6. Beautiful production and presentation (includes design)
7. Reliable backstage management and administration
The modern workplace is virtual. The modern manager / business owner works anywhere with anyone with incredible attitude and appropriate skill. 2017 presents amazing opportunities to succeed in an online business.
What’s in store?
Search (Google) is a fragmented channel eg: organic search | local search | paid and mobile | voice search etc. This in-channel fragmentation is on top of general online channel fragmentation (social media | video advertising | email marketing etc). Each channel requires different sets of tools/softwares/strategies to excel.
Trends in “Online & Mobile Search”:
1. Organic Search
a. Voice search
b. Mobile search; and increasing use of mobile and multi-tasking in multiple devices
2. In-channel search (Facebook has a slightly similar keyword search feature as well as sites like Pinterest and Tripadvisor)
Social Media will still kick in some sales. However there needs to be a disciplined approach to make the efforts work. The key is to determine the channels that appeal to your market.
Video Marketing is a good channel to investigate for small business. Video production is expensive but there are many ways to create low-cost and educational / inspirational videos these days using new apps and easy-to-use devices.
Google Adwords is an effective channel. A lot of business owners think it is very expensive to implement however a good understanding of customer acquisition costs will help in determining whether this strategy is best for your business. This is certainly a quick way to spread awareness about your business.
We wish you the best year yet!